Kick-start your morning with this superfood acai and berry smoothie bowl. This breakfast bowl is high in antioxidants, vitamin C, fibre, potassium, protein, fatty acids and other vitamins and minerals. What a way to start the day!
Total time: 10 minutes
Get creative with this one! Choose as many or as few toppings as you’d like, don’t be afraid to get weird!
- 2 100g packets frozen acai
- 1 small or ½ large frozen banana, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup coconut water
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- ½ cup granola or muesli of choice (check for gluten if you’re GF)
- 2 T buckinis
- 2 T shredded coconut
- ½ banana, sliced
- ½ fresh kiwifruit, sliced
- 1 fresh strawberry, sliced
- 10 fresh blueberries
- 5 fresh raspberries
- 1 mango cheek
- 1 passionfruit, cut in half
- Edible flowers
- Before adding the acai to the blender, smash it up a little by banging it on a chopping board with the handle of a knife. This will help the blending process.
- Add all the ingredients except the granola to a high-powered blender using the processing batton* to help blend it all, and blend until just combined. You don’t want to over-mix or it will become too runny.
- Pour half the granola into a bowl.
- Pour the frozen acai mixture on top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining granola.
- Place toppings over the top in a decorative fashion.
*The stick-looking attachment that goes inside the lid of your blender to help the blending process.