Nut free, soy free, raw, vegan caesar salad dressing ready in under 10 minutes! No blender required!
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Sitting time: 5 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
Difficulty: super easy
Serves: dresses one salad
What else can I use this for other than a Caesar salad? I hear you ask. Well, boy have I got you covered! This bad boy can be used in my Falafel Salad, as a marinade for tofu, tossed into veges before roasting them, as a delicious dip for crudités, as a dressing for pasta or potato salad, instead of your favourite spread on a burger or a sandwich, as a dressing for coleslaw, and my personal favourite – drizzled over barbecued corn on the cob! Yummmmmm!
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar if not available)
- 2 T plain vegan yoghurt (I like to use Nudie plain coconut yoghurt)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t hummus (or ½ t tahini for the falafel salad)
- ½ t seeded mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. It may take a little while for the oil to become fully incorporated with the other liquids.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before using, to allow the garlic to infuse and the flavours to combine.