The vegan kale pasta salad recipe that’ll make sure you get those daily 5 servings of vegetables! You know, go for 2 and 5! This recipe is packed with SO many nutrients it’s ridiculous. Wholemeal pasta is low GI, high in fibre and will keep you full all day long. The spinach, kale, silverbeet and lettuce in this vegan kale pasta salad recipe will fill your body up with much needed micronutrients and even more fibre. Think iron, vitamins A, C and K, folate, riboflavin, potassium… This list goes on. HELLO POPEYE! And finally the sesame seeds and Seeded Mustard Salad Dressing give this vegan kale pasta salad recipe a nice twist and heaps of flavour!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes (pasta)
Total time: 12 minutes
Serves: two, as a main
Check out my other vegan dessert recipes, gluten-free vegan recipes and quick & easy vegan recipes. I also have two downloadable vegan cookbooks – my Vegan Main Meals Cookbook and my Vegan Thai Cookbook. ALL of the money from the sale of the Thai cookbook goes to Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary – a sanctuary in northern Thailand which is home to around 30 beautiful adoptable Thai dogs, and runs the only vet clinic in the area, providing purely donation-based care.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (I used organic wholemeal spirals)
- 2 silverbeet leaves, shredded – stems removed
- 1½ bunches English spinach or baby spinach (about 15 leaves)
- 4 lettuce leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 leaf curly kale, shredded – stem removed
- 2 t sesame seeds
- 2 recipes Seeded Mustard Salad Dressing
- Cook pasta as per directions.
- Prepare the greens.
- Place all the leafy greens in a large salad bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse with cold water until cooled and drained.
- Place the pasta on top of the greens in the bowl, and pour the dressing over the top.
- Toss the salad until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.