This vegan apple crumble overnight oats recipe is prepared the night before and makes for the perfect quick on-the-go breakfast! This breakfast will power you through the day with its high amount of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, protein, fibre and minerals and will keep you full all the way through till lunchtime! AND it tastes like apple crumble…I mean who can say no to that?!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Waiting time: 2 hours or overnight
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes (or overnight)
You can prepare the apples at the same time as the oats, or do them just before serving so they’re warm.
Super time-saving cheat tip: forgot to overnight your overnight oats? Never fear! Prepare the jar as per usual, then instead of refrigerating overnight pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and voila, instant 8 hours past! Just make sure they don’t boil over! This tip is also great for wintery mornings when you want something a little warmer than refrigerated oats.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 T sesame seeds
1 T chia seeds
- 2½ T maple syrup
- 1 T brown/coconut sugar + ½ t for dusting
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ½ medium apple, cored, cut into eighths then cut horizontally twice (so it’s in chunks)
- ½ cup water
- ½ T shredded coconut (for garnish – optional)
- 3 pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped (for garnish – optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (for garnish – optional)
- Pour rolled oats, milk, seeds and 1½ T maple syrup in a mason jar and stir until combined.
- Mix 1 T maple syrup, 1 T sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together then pour in over the oats.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight (or leave on the bench if you live in a cooler climate).
- Place the apple and water in a pot, covered, over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jar from the fridge and top with apple, coconut, nuts, extra sugar and cinnamon stick.