Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes (chicken strips)
Total time: 30 minutes
I like to cook all pre-made food such as chick’n strips in my sandwich press as it takes way less time and doesn’t require cleaning (if you put them in between a piece of baking paper)! Pop them in before you start preparation and they’ll be cooked by the time you’re done!
- 8 chick’n strips (I used Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips – replace with marinated tofu for a GF version)
- ½ carrot peeled, cut into 24 long, thin slices
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small bundle Vermicelli noodles
- 8 rice paper roll sheets
- Handful snow pea sprouts – enough to fill 8 rolls
- 16 leaves fresh basil
- Serve with: sweet chilli sauce/soy sauce/sauce of choice (check for gluten if you’re GF)
- 1 T sesame seeds (for garnish – optional)
- Place chicken strips in a sandwich press or cook per directions.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Pour boiling water over the noodles and set aside for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the noodles and cut into smaller pieces with a pair of scissors.
- Take a rice paper roll sheet and submerge in a wide bowl of warm water for about 30 seconds or until soft.
- Lay flat on the bench and place, in the centre towards the bottom, horizontally: 3 pieces carrot, 1 t cabbage, 6 snow pea sprouts, 1 chick’n strip, 2 basil leaves, and a handful of noodles.
- Fold in the bottom flap.
- Roll up a little.
- Fold the 2 side flaps inwards.
- Roll up the middle until finished.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the side of each roll if using.
- Serve with sauce of choice.