Easy, delicious and healthy vegan protein smoothie to satisfy your morning chocolate cravings!
Total time: 2½ minutes
Difficulty: super easy
Serves: one in a large jar
- 1 cup plus 1 T non-dairy milk
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 4 T cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (chocolate, vanilla or plain), unless your protein powder doesn’t taste nice, then only use ½-1 T!
- 5 medjool dates – remember to remove the stones!
- 1½ t vanilla essence
- ¼ t caramel essence (optional but makes it super yum)
- 2 T shredded coconut (for garnish – optional)
- 1 t cacao nibs (for garnish – optional)
- Place everything (except coconut and cacao nibs) in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the glass upside down in a small bowl of water (so that the water reaches only the rim).
- Remove the glass from the water and place upside down in a small bowl of coconut.
- Pour the smoothie into the jar.
- Garnish with cacao nibs.