No baking required for this ridiculously, scrumptiously decadent vegan chocolate coated oreo truffles recipe! These guys are SERIOUSLY good! They are so superbly rich that you only need to eat one or two to satisfy those sweet and chocolatey cravings.
I’m not going to lie, this vegan chocolate oreo truffles recipe isn’t my healthiest on here, but sometimes you just want to be a little naughty right? This is one of those recipes that I would MOST DEFINITELY recommend feeding to your most vegan-food-hating omnivore. My favourite thing to do is pretend they’re not vegan and then once you’re sufficiently satisfied with their ‘mmmmmmm’ and ‘YUUUUMM’ noises whip out the ‘WELL GUESS WHAT THEY’RE VEGAN!’ 😈 and watch their face of semi shock horror as they realise they just ENJOYED SOMETHING VEGAN! This vegan chocolate oreo truffles recipe will change their mind forever… Or at least until you feed it to them the next time.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Refrigeration time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 2 minutes
Serves: makes 12 truffles
Check out my other vegan dessert recipes, gluten-free vegan recipes and quick & easy vegan recipes. I also have two downloadable vegan cookbooks – my Vegan Main Meals Cookbook and my Vegan Thai Cookbook. ALL of the money from the sale of the Thai cookbook goes to Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary – a sanctuary in northern Thailand which is home to around 30 beautiful adoptable Thai dogs, and runs the only vet clinic in the area, providing purely donation-based care.
- 2 packets oreos (28 biscuits)
- ½ packet Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (about ½ cup)
- 100g chocolate (I used 1 block Coles 70% dark chocolate)
- 2 T desiccated coconut (for garnish – optional)
- Place the chocolate over a double boiler and leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Add the oreos and Tofutti to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Roll about 1 T of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and return to the tray.
- Sprinkle a little coconut over the top if using.
- Refrigerate for about 50 minutes.