Preparation time: 15 minutes + 7 minutes for dressing
Cooking time: 6–8 minutes (depending on falafel brand)
Total time: 17 minutes
I like to cook all pre-made falafels/schnitzels/burgers etc. in my sandwich press as it takes way less time and doesn’t require cleaning (if you put the item in between a piece of baking paper)!
- 1 recipe Caesar-Style Salad Dressing (sub. ½ t tahini for hummus)
- Six small falafels, or 4 large (I used Yumi’s Original Falafel which are GF)
- 4 lettuce leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ¼ red capsicum, sliced
- ⅓ cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped + extra (for garnish – optional)
- 2 T fresh mint, chopped + extra (for garnish – optional)
- Place falafels in a sandwich press or cook per directions.
- Tear the lettuce and layer the bottom of a large salad bowl with the pieces.
- Sprinkle the spinach over the top.
- Arrange all the other ingredients in a decorative way over the top (see photo above if you’d like to copy this).
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.