This vegan mini pita pizza is a great meal for one. It only takes 15 minutes to make and is full of fresh and vibrant vegetables and protein-packed hummus! I love using pita bread as a base for my pizzas. For one, they’re way cheaper than buying commercial pizza bases. I also find they crisp up a lot nicer, so if you like crispy pizzas try using pita bread as your base! I find bought pizza bases too doughy and too soft personally. Another thing I love about this vegan mini pita pizza recipe is that it has hummus on the base instead of a tomato-based paste. This is great because it adds extra protein to your meal and gives it a completely unique flavour. I also love the creaminess of the baked eggplant contrasting against the fresh raw spiralled zucchini, fresh tomatoes and fresh mint leaves. But what really makes this vegan mini pita pizza stand out is the drizzle of Caeser-Style Salad Dressing over the top. YUM!
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Check out my other vegan dessert recipes, gluten-free vegan recipes and quick & easy vegan recipes. I also have two downloadable vegan cookbooks – my Vegan Main Meals Cookbook and my Vegan Thai Cookbook. ALL of the money from the sale of the Thai cookbook goes to Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary – a sanctuary in northern Thailand which is home to around 30 beautiful adoptable Thai dogs, and runs the only vet clinic in the area, providing purely donation-based care.
- 1 small pita bread
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 round eggplant slices, about 0.5cm thick
- 2 T hummus
- ½ zucchini, spiralised
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ T pine nuts
- ½ t sesame seeds
- ¼ spring onion, finely sliced
- 5 semi-circle slices red onion
- 4 mint leaves
- Optional: drizzle a little Caeser-Style Salad Dressing over the top
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the olive oil and garlic in a bowl and spread half the mixture over the pita bread.
- Place the four eggplant slices on top and pour the rest of the garlic oil over them.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables as above.
- Spread the hummus over the eggplant.
- Top with zucchini spirals, tomatoes, pine nuts, sesame seeds, spring onion, red onion, and mint.
- Drizzle with a little dressing if using.