Vegan mushroom avocado breakfast recipe – the perfect breakfast or brunch! This guy is delicious, filling & healthy! He’s got sautéed mushrooms, fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes & grated raw zucchini topped on a delicious piece of sourdough toast! A clean, gourmet meal ready in under 15 minutes.
Did you know eating avocados and tomatoes together increases their health benefits? The monounsaturated fatty acids in avocado help absorb carotenoids (especially lycopene) in tomatoes. Lycopene, like other carotenoids, has antioxidant properties and can protect the body against ageing and cardiovascular disease. Monounsaturated fatty acids in avocados can also lower ‘bad’ (LDL) cholesterol and help absorb fat soluble vitamins – K, A, D and E. Add kale and sunflower seeds to this vegan mushroom avocado breakfast recipe and you’ll get your vitamin K, A and E fix!
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
Check out my other vegan dessert recipes, gluten-free vegan recipes and quick & easy vegan recipes. I also have two downloadable vegan cookbooks – my Vegan Main Meals Cookbook and my Vegan Thai Cookbook. ALL of the money from the sale of the Thai cookbook goes to Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary – a sanctuary in northern Thailand which is home to around 30 beautiful adoptable Thai dogs, and runs the only vet clinic in the area, providing purely donation-based care.
- 1 T frying oil (I used rice bran)
- ¼ Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ t thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Olive oil for drizzling (about ½ T)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ zucchini, grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ spring onion, sliced
- Handful snow pea sprouts
- Fry the onion, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper in the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until they start to brown; about 4 minutes.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the toast.
- Top with grated zucchini, then sliced avocado.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and sliced tomatoes.
- Top with spring onions and sprouts.