Vegan vegetable scramble with sausages – the ultimate filling af weekend brunch recipe! Guys, this one is seriously good, it’s got it all. It’s fresh, high protein, and full of delicious veggies. Its got vegetables for vitamins, minerals and fibre, tofu for protein, sourdough bread for carbohydrates, hummus, avocado and vegan cheese for extra protein, monounsaturated fatty acids and deliciousness, and vegetarian sausages, because well, vegetarian sausages! (But they also contain protein, iron, B12 and zinc…) Yum, yum, yum! This guy also has a whopping 28 grams of protein per serving so you will definitely be left feeling full and satisfied, and maybe even get some good vegan gainz (if you lift hard enough…) Do yourself a favour and try this vegan vegetable scramble with sausages recipe for your next weekend vegan breakfast or brunch!
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Check out my other vegan dessert recipes, gluten-free vegan recipes and quick & easy vegan recipes. I also have two downloadable vegan cookbooks – my Vegan Main Meals Cookbook and my Vegan Thai Cookbook. ALL of the money from the sale of the Thai cookbook goes to Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary – a sanctuary in northern Thailand which is home to around 30 beautiful adoptable Thai dogs, and runs the only vet clinic in the area, providing purely donation-based care.
- 2 T frying oil (I used rice bran)
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ eggplant, diced
- 250g firm tofu, crumbled until it resembles scrambled eggs
- 3 T non-dairy milk
- 1 t each turmeric and mixed herbs
- ½ t each smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ zucchini, diced
- ½ capsicum, diced
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a pan over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the eggplant, crumbled tofu, milk and flavouring and stir until heated through and the milk has slightly evaporated.
- Add the remaining veges and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Spread the hummus and avocado over each piece of toast on two plates.
- Top each with grated biocheese.
- Spoon the vege scramble over each.
- Cut the sausages in half and serve with tomato sauce.